The Inverness Association and Inverness Foundation
Draft Meeting Agenda: 7PM @ The Gables — September 27, 2017
Call to Order
Approval of Meeting Minutes: Please let Elizabeth know of any corrections.
Open Time for Public Comment
Prepared by Kathy Hartzell 9/21/17
Inverness Association – 20 minutes
1. Inverness Fair — Report from Alex and Elizabeth: a discussion of the event—thoughts for the future, additions to the "handbook" for the future team.
—Proposed Action: None, report only unless there is an expenditure to authorize
2. Design Review Reports — Any applications received in the last three weeks?
—Proposed Action: None, report only
3. Chicken Ranch Beach — Any change of news/information since the last meeting -5 minutes
—Proposed action: none at this time; we will bring this back at such time as it’s appropriate to ask for matching support from our members for an IF contribution to the endeavor (as suggested at a past meeting)
— Committee and Other Reports —
1. Museum: Tom Branan – update on fundraising for book, and other events/projects - 5 min
—Proposed action: Information sharing
2. Buildings, Trails, and Grounds – 10 minutes
- Scheduling of a buildings/trails/grounds committee meeting for early October. Look forward to the committee helping with the issues pertaining to the roof, attic climate, and usability improvements.
- The Roof: Kathy to report on when the minor repairs to be made.
- The Roof: We will be looking for a structural engineer to help us with assessing the potential for improvements to the attic.
- The crawl space – Heating Ducts – We allocated funds last month for this; see if any prospects for the work thus far.
—Proposed Action: Recruit more members for the committee - Marshall will remain but we need others.
3. Membership & Contributions – Catherine – 5 minutes
—Proposed Action: Information sharing
4. Newsletter: Discuss the timing of the next newsletter. Discuss prospects for the formatting assistance for Elizabeth (formerly done by Dewey)
—Proposed Action: Set timing for newsletter, suggest topics, distribution
5. Financials – Kathy and Joyce – Report & draft budget will be emailed by Monday 25 September (the real one this time) - 10 min
—Proposed action: Adopt a draft budget subject to refinement as this year progresses
*Future meeting: Invite new Chief Ranger for PRNS to come talk about fire safety, fuel reduction